Saturday 21 January 2017

Cedric

Cedric - April 2016 to  Dec 30, 2016

I saw an ad on Kijiji for 2 older friendly rats needing a home, saw a pic of 2 rats in a small cage and answered as I hate when oldies are adopted out as they often have issues new owners aren't prepared for and are dumped again or left to suffer with their ills.  On Oct. 6th, 2015 Jenny went to pick them up locally and brought the lovely rexy pair to me.  Formerly Cheesie and Whiskers I gave them much more dignified names.  Cedric was the slightly standoffish boy originally but became a real cuddle bug :)  Gorgeous beige and white rex dumbo, he also had some serious personality.  I loved watching his much healthier brother Zachary take care of him, gently licking his neck and face to comfort him, as he had terrible respiratory in the end.  Zachary took this behavior onto another lonely old boy until his sudden and expected passing (found curled up asleep forever in his hammock).  The brothers are reunited...only 15 days apart.  Zach was healthy but I assume he missed his brother and just let go.




No comments:

Post a Comment