Saturday 21 January 2017

Bandit

Bandit - Oct. 15, 2014 - Jan. 18, 2017

Bandit. One of Tati's boys adopted out and returned neglected and full of mites. PA.  He was one of the most fearful rats I had ever met.  I assume he was Tatiana's actual baby unlike the other litter she took on when that mom ignored them.  The only way to hold him was to press him hard against your body which he and I hated.  I cleaned the cage while he was inside, he never came out as he was completely uncatchable  As soon as I was nearby he would bolt to hide in the cage.   I was hoping he would eventually learn from his much friendlier brothers but he did not.   When he finally became too sick to protest I was able to hold him and cuddle him and he gave up all his fears, wanting to be on me.  I only got 2 days of cuddles in but made them count for both of us.  He died cuddled up to my toothy gals and me.  





Teefs cuddled up to Bandit on his last night


No comments:

Post a Comment