Saturday 21 January 2017

Zachary

Zachary -  April 2014 to Jan. 15, 2017

I saw an ad on Kijiji for 2 older friendly rats needing a home, saw a pic of 2 rats in a small cage and answered as I hate when oldies are adopted out as they often have issues new owners aren't prepared for and are dumped again or left to suffer with their ills.  On Oct. 6th, 2015 Jenny went to pick them up locally and brought the lovely rexy pair to me.  Formerly Cheesie and Whiskers I gave them much more dignified names.  Zachary was an active, approx. 18 month old boy, who was in great health, no lumpies, bumpies, or respiratory issues.  He was very active but also loved to visit when out running,  He loved his brother Cedric and when Cedric became chronically ill he took care of him gently, licking his face and neck for comfort.  Once we lost his brother I put him with lonely old Leto and he took care of him for a few weeks then I found Zachary gone, curled up in his hammock asleep forever.




No comments:

Post a Comment