Sunday 22 January 2017

Charlotte

Charlotte - April 4, 2015 - July 18, 2015

Charlotte (3.5 mo old) PEW girl who was seen outside 2 weeks earlier, then a week later she went MIA for 5 days and woman assumed she was gone.  She came home one day and found the compost heap she had been living in torn apart by an animal.  She returned and the woman's friend caught her and the rescuer wanted to keep her as a pet, but she had a sore on her side and was dragging one leg.    She heard about me through another person I had helped years earlier and she drove 3 hours to bring her to me at the far end (and not very safe part of the city).  I met her at 11:30 pm and brought her home.  By this time Charlotte was paralyzed in the back end from what looked like a bad animal bite or wound that continually oozed.  She was still bright at this point, eating lying on her side and drinking from a low hung water bottle. I had to take her to my mom's the next day but she regressed until she was fully paralyzed, I was having to express her bladder at this point as she had lost all muscle function and she finally died on me. :(  Poor Charlotte.  So many What If's in her short life.  What if the original owner didn't dump her outside?  What if the rescuer decided to catch her before her ultimately fatal injury? I did my best and loved on her gently until she left. :'(

My first sight of her in the woman's carrier...so tiny and scared.





Poor girl's wounds :(



She got some Metacam for pain and inflammation and antibiotics to prevent or cute any infections and was much happier.  She started relaxing and enjoying my attentions and FOOD. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment